As a team MGL Contractors boasts extensive and diverse heavy civil engineering experience and expertise, but Major Earthworks is at our core. From earthworks on major highway & road schemes to major Private Commercial and Residential Developments, we relish the challenge of delivering significant projects and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
Examples of our successfully completed major Earthworks – as a team – include:
- 1.3 million m3 on the A1 Leeming to Barton Upgrade
- Over 1 million m3 of bulk earthworks at Aberlour Distillery
- The new University of the Highlands and Islands at Beechwood Campus in Inverness
- Two significant residential and commercial developments in Inverness at North Kessock & Milton of Leys
- A new High School in Elgin.
We’re proud that Global Infrastructure regard us as their preferred earthworks contractor, where over the last 12 months we’ve completed significant earthworks at Farigaig Substation and residential developments at Slackbuie, Tornagrain and Essich, all within Inverness.
In essence, we view all the renewables, power transmission, marine and flood defence works projects we have delivered to be Major Earthworks.